[Qgis-psc] Migration to Github

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 07:05:14 PST 2018

Hi all,

Thanks you all for your detailed answers.

My mail was kind of a poke, because there was a lot of energy (again) put
into discussions, and I think it is not fair that the discussion and the
vote get no followup without notice.

The participatition rate to the vote (larger than usual) and the results
are quite clear to me. People are conscient of what they have been voting
for and of the implications. That's why I was requesting an official status
from the PSC. And not just minutes saying there would be an answer.

Andreas, to me offering a new issue tracker is also part of releasing 3.0
(new logo, new Python doc website, etc). So too me, this is the perfect
moment to focus on this too. To me, I concede.

On practical points, proof of concept was achieved by Matthias (and some
others) and showed all of this is possible except attributing comments to
the original author...bummer ;).

Now, I can understand you want to get this discussion in Madeira. It makes
a lot of sense. Sadly, I won't attend the meeting, but I would be very
grateful if I can attend remotely.

Community has shown its desire to move away from Redmine although I tend to
understand it is mainly developers who suffer the most from it (because,
damn, it's not integrated with the source code!).

On a more conceptual point of view, I think that this vote was exactly
meant to tell the PSC the community wanted some changes. And it's the
democratic way of bringing message from the QGIS citizen...And it deserved
a proper answer with a plan of action.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone here and I'd like to thank you all at the PSC
for your awesome job, I know it's volunteer and there's a lot.

Best wishes,

Denis