[Qgis-psc] Migration to Github

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Feb 15 11:48:25 PST 2018

Denis and friends

Please lets park this until the hackfest discussion. The issue already consumed so much community energy and I think these discussions get very circular. I’d prefer we broadcast outcomes of the vote / PSC and community discussion in Madeira after we have got a concrete plan of action. There are so many different view points that there is no way to resolve this without taking a position contrary to *someone’s* view. Along the way lets improve some of our statutes and community guidelines in particular I think addressing some of these issues in our charter may help to give a clearer path for future situations such as this:

1) clearly define who may call for a vote, when and how  a community vote may be called.
2) clearly define what the criteria are for a vote being accepted (minimum number of votes, % majority, what to do if there are lots of abstentions)
3) define in which situations the PSC may override a vote, in which situations a vote may override the PSC
4) define our policy on using open source - do we mandate it, prefer it, or use the best / most pragmatic tool for the job

Thanks for your understanding and patience, lets resolve this with oil and grease not hammers and tongs!