[Qgis-psc] Proposal: Planning a call for a Hackmeeting/UserConf in A Coruña during Madeira

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Jan 31 13:29:28 PST 2018

Hi Luigi

Just from my side I chatted with Lene about it last week. We will still finalise the dates but it was planned to hold the next Hackfest in Zanzibar together with the FOSS4G2018 conference, with the QGIS user conference embedded in the FOSS4G conference.  Coruna to be next after Dar es Salaam (so in other words Coruna in 2019). Can you confirm if this would be an option? If we wanted to do the QGIS Conference it would probably make sense to schedule if for Sept 2019.

Unfortunately I won’t be in Madeira but I will be happy to join the call with Lene.

> On 30 Jan 2018, at 14:10, Luigi Pirelli <luipir at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> A Coruña municipality, as you know, is interested to host an
> Hackmeeting and UserConf. They want to know a schedule to negotiate a
> date.
> Because I don't have ideas about other candidates to host these
> events, would be fine to plan a short Video or audio call during
> Medeira hackmeeting  with A Coruña municipality to fix these dates.
>
> is it possible? or if you have already scheduled hackmeetings, can be
> shared to give us the ability to propose a feasible date?
>
> If a skype/hangouts/jitsi/zoom call is possible, I would propose it on
> 22th or 23th of february that are labour days. Let me know.
>
> cheers
>
> Luigi Pirelli

> * LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luigipirelli
> * Stackexchange: http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/19667/luigi-pirelli