[Qgis-psc] GH move

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jun 4 23:00:59 PDT 2018

Hi,

I also think that the fact that Microsoft bought Github is of no
particular relevance to us. The move to Gitlab (as decided in Madeira)
should be properly planned and should not result in a lack of
functionality and availability compared with the current Github
solution.

Microsoft is way more open source friendly than other big companies
(e.g. Oracle) these days. I would be worried if Oracle bought Github as
Oracle screwed up just about every Open Source project they got involved
with (OpenOffice, Solaris, MySQL, you name it) - which resulted in forks
of the projects.

Greetings,

Andreas