[Qgis-psc] On Stripe and PayPal

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 21 02:51:33 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

Perhaps, we should wait until the end of the year to see how things
develop and leave PayPal until then.

Note that we would definitely keep PayPal alive (but not advertise it),
should we run into troubles with Stripe (similar to the troubles we had
with PayPal). Hopefully, at all times we can have at least one of the
two options operational. I read from other companies who said, it is
always good to have choice and not be dependent at one single credit
card payment system.

BTW: Tim told me that the FOSS4G organizers also had their PayPal
account limited or blocked for a while - very inconvenient if you are
organizing such an event and are dependent on the income.

Greetings,

Andreas