[Qgis-psc] Certification and contributions

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Mar 1 23:55:40 PST 2018

Bonjour Vincent,

Il 02/03/2018 08:46, Vincent Picavet (ml) ha scritto:
> TL;DR : my point is that any organization willing to be recognized as a
> certificating organization should prove that it actively contributes to
> QGIS ( not financially ).

your proposal makes sense to me. we have already discussed about similar
approaches, and we always stopped to the poit of deciding how much is
enough. having a clear and fair process, which will leave everybody
happy, is very difficult. we had success in classifiyng support
providers in core contributors, contributors, and others. perhaps a
similar approach could be reused.

> PS : posted to QGIS-PSC, should I copy to qgis-users ?

IMHO better come out with a shared proposal before raising too many
discussions among our users.

all the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu