[Qgis-psc] )Base map data sources - (Was: Formal policy on closing tickets with rude/aggresive language?

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Wed Mar 7 22:54:42 PST 2018

Hi Andreas,

 > ... Or a link to web resources where one could get global GIS data,
such as Natural Earth data or
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GIS_data_sources - not sure if
there are any good websites that are both quite complete and regularly
updated. Ideally, it would be a resource or website that we don't need
to maintain ;-)

Heading slightly off-topic here, but have you tried GeoSeer -
https://www.geoseer.net ? - It's a spatial search engine for OGC
web-services, from local to global. For basemaps I'd probably suggest
including "wmts" in the search - there are slightly over 10,000 WMTS
layers indexed there - and a third of a million WMS layers.

Cheers,
Jonathan