[Qgis-psc] PayPal

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Mar 29 02:42:41 PDT 2018

Hi QGIS PSC,

This is to let you know that our PayPal account is still blocked.

PayPal is the worst company on this planet - I can tell you.

They don't respond to e-mails, they send you the same standard e-mails
again and again, without reading at all what you respond to them.

They tell you to upload documents you already sent them and you are not
able to upload them again, because the document upload button says document
already uploaded, pending review.

I had five phone calls with them until I was able to upload all necessary
documents. When you have someone on the phone after many minutes of waiting
in the line, you have to tell the same story again and again, because there
is a different person each time you call them.

After this issue is solved and money withdrawn, I will definitely close the
PayPal account for good and move everything to Stripe. I do hope that
Stripe has better customer support and less payment and transfer and
conversion fees. Over all PayPal earned many thousand Euros from QGIS.ORG -
despite their lousy support.

The worst thing is that PayPal does not understand that there are
organizations besides for profit companies and that things work a bit
different for such organizations.

Sorry about my rant. This is to let you know that I am working on it, but I
am soon loosing my patience ...

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)