[Qgis-psc] qgis2 upgrade

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 23:36:32 PDT 2019

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 8:23 AM Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> Sure, did not want to start before that. And I do not thing we should
> actually upgrade the physical server, but split it up probably:
> - if plugins moves to qgis5
> - building/serving of docs/site can also move to a cloud server I think
> - then there is the (Debian/?) package building which should be migrated
>
> Let us do the plugin site move together, I'm available all weekend, so
> just ping me

Ping me too (I don't know where I will be this weekend, but who knows).

Please consider migrating to the modernize branch: I did a lot of work in
order to use latest version of Django and Python 3.

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/tree/modernize

I believe the feed and usermap app could stay on the old server for a while
until they are also updated to Python 3 and a recent Django.

> Richard
>
> On 03/04/2019 23.52, Tim Sutton wrote:
> > Just let me migrate the plugins site first. - I will try to do it this
> > weekend.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tim
> >
> >> On 3 Apr 2019, at 21:06, Richard 🌍 Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net
> >> <mailto:richard at duif.net>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> tldr; I think we need to upgrade qgis2 (is 7.11/Wheezy)
> >>
> >> Wheezy on qgis2 (docs, plugins, stripe, version, api) is EOL
> >>
> >> I had some troubles today to upgrade the letsencrypt certificate, but
> >> succeeded with [0]
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Richard Duivenvoorde
> >>
> >> [0] https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/6824