[Qgis-psc] Attachment widget broken in the attribute table

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Aug 6 14:55:28 PDT 2019

Hi Matthias,

On Tue, 06. Aug 2019 at 17:02:05 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> On another note, it would be good to clarify on our stance regarding
> priority handling. In the discussion there was a pretty tight notion of a
> "no regressions allowed, whatever the cost" policy. This binary way this
> argument was used made it quite hard to decide on the best way forward for
> the application. I have the plan to try to avoid regressions wherever
> possible and to make QGIS more stable at the same time. But if the project
> decision is that stability shouldn't be much of a focus before anything
> tagged a "regression" is eliminated I will have to check my priorities
> again.

You shouldn't - to me that's a very sane standpoint.

I'm always puzzled with the obsession on regressions.  To me it doesn't matter
much whether a bug is a regression or not - it's only the impact of a bug that
counts.  A regression can have big impact - but if it doesn't it should not be
a priority over bugs with bigger impact.

Of course assessing the impact of a bug is a grey area - like many other things
- so there shouldn't be black-and-white rules.  I'm not away of such a policy.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode