[Qgis-psc] [QGIS-Developer] 2019 Grant Final reports: Rendering optimisation and labeling work

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:06:20 PST 2019

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 22:27, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Nyall, this is awesome work! Thanks a lot for this.
>
> I checked the daily performance tests for QGIS server available at http://test.qgis.org/perf_test/graffiti/aggregate/aggregate.html and couldn't see clear influence.
> Do you have ideas of tests we could add to this framework?

If you're checking nightly releases, you'd need to track back a couple
of months to before the work began in order to compare (since the
changes have been drip fed in over a couple of months).

Or alternatively you could compare against a 3.6 build (since many of
the optimisations were backported to 3.4 and 3.8/3.10).

Nyall