[Qgis-psc] Two recent proposals - how to finalize?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 06:38:38 PST 2019

Le jeu. 12 déc. 2019 à 12:52, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> a
écrit :

> Hi Harissou,
> thanks for letting me know.
>
> Il 12/12/19 12:43, DelazJ ha scritto:
>
> > Paolo, the qgis website build is broken now because files are not
> > referenced in the index ;(
> >
> > And each rst file will result in a page if built. What about adding the
> > resolutions in a single file, the most recent on top the older? All
> > decisions in one page on the website.
>
> I would prefer to have them separate, as it is easier to have the
> general picture even for the casual visitor.
>
> If I may, as an end user, I'd find easier to go to a page and be able to
read (or search through) all the decisions that were taken than clicking
tens of files/pages to get the history (assuming that page title (aka file
name?) are sufficiently meaningful). Right now there are 4 files, they
could be tens in few months. And in few years? I'm definitely not convinced
that one file by decision is the right and simpler way to document these. *A
minima*, maybe a file a year.
Note that at the top of a page, it's possible to have a table of content
that would appropriately point to a section within the page. See how docs
pages are displayed.

And from a practical point of view for psc members, whenever you add a
file, you'd need to mention it in an index file to have it correctly build.
Not sure it's simpler than copy-paste-modify a section/template within the
same file.

Just trying to provide some food for thought...

Regards,
Harrissou

This is a first attempt, I have no problem in finding a different