[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mac OS packaging and infrastructure

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 04:11:42 PST 2019

Dear PSC, Following our earlier email about QGIS packages for macOS, we ran
a crowdfunding campaign. Unfortunately, we did not raise enough fund to
carry out the work we had intended. We had to reduce the scope of our work.
Below are the known issues/limitations: - Lack of Python support for macOS
10.11 and 10.12 - Unable to transfer of the infrastructure and automatic
builds under QGIS.org - GRASS support in the Processing toolbox: most of
the modules should work. But GRASS 7.6 is not fully compatible with Python
3.x and hence some of the algorithms might fail. This will be fixed after
GRASS 7.8 release. For more details, see here:
https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/blog/2019/02/19/qgis-for-macos-update/

https://lutraconsulting.github.io/qgis-mac-packager/ If you’d like to
publish the packages, we will need the server details where you’d like us
to upload the binaries. If the build infrastructure should be moved under
QGIS.org, we will need QGIS (OSGeo) Apple Developers Certificate, macOS
Mojave Server with right to install XCode and related packages and funds to
clean, document and deploy packaging code to the official server. Kind
regards Saber