[Qgis-psc] Requesting support for WFS compliance from OSGeo

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Jan 15 11:03:33 PST 2019

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:13 AM Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> On 10/01/19 21:50, Anita Graser wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 9:43 PM Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net
> > <mailto:a.neumann at carto.net>> wrote:
> >> Ok - so Luigi asked for 4000 € and in addition 3000 € for WFS
> compliance.
> >> Not sure if this is reasonable. I have no idea about the OSGeo budget.
> >> Anita: do you think it is reasonable to ask for 7k? On the other hand
> > we did not ask last year ...
> >
> > I'm not sure about the different budget items in the OSGeo budget. There
> > is a separate section for events and another one for projects.
> > Still, I guess they'll let us know if it's too much to ask for both.
>
> thanks for dealing with this. In case of conflicts, I'd give priority to
> WFS.

I've checked back with OSGeo and they told me that they are happy if
projects/committees ask for bigger shares of the budget and put the money
to good use. Seems like last year, a lot of the allocated budget was not
used.

For context of what we could be looking at, Jody mentioned that GeoServer
may be requesting $15k for cite automation as part of their builds.

So if there are any more ideas, I think we could still request support for
other tasks as well.

Regards,
Anita