[Qgis-psc] Recent QGIS Project presentation

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Wed Jan 16 12:34:49 PST 2019

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:14 AM Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> On 14/01/19 10:11, Paul Blottiere wrote:
> > We could even add some words on the QGIS website to point directly to
> > these "official" presentations. I'm pretty sure it would be very useful
> > for people who wants to talk about QGIS, but doesn't know where to start.
>
> yes, that was the underlying idea in fact. Better if we could use a
> text-based slide system, to have diffs, translations, branches etc.
> Unfortunately the ones I have been using over the years were rather
> cumbersome and limited, especially for figures placement and
> dimensioning. Any good suggestion?

I've also been considering a move to text-based but I really don't like the
limitations you already mentioned because my slides tend to be
picture/screenshot heavy. I think, in the end, it takes more time to
achieve something presentable with text-based systems than just using good
old Powerpoint, Google Slides or Mac equivalent.

Regards,
Anita