[Qgis-psc] [Qgis-community-team] qgis.org (hopefully temporarily) removed from cloudflare

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Jan 17 11:51:17 PST 2019

Wow - 67TB downloads a month. That's a lot! I didn't expect that much. I
agree it would be expensive then. >2000 US$ a month ...

And Cloudflare is entirely free for us? Because we are an OpenSource
project?

Andreas

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 19:58, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>
wrote:

> On 1/17/19 7:52 PM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> > Thanks Richard for the info.
> >
> > Perhaps we should come up with a Plan B if this happens again - just as
> > we now have two credit card payment systems (PayPal and Stripe).
> >
> > Are there any alternatives to Cloudflare? How about keycdn - it is a
> > Swiss company. It is not free. One pays 4 cents per GB for the first
> > 10TB, then it gets a bit cheaper. So it is 40 US$ per TB. How many
> > Terabytes do we ship per month? Do we have any stats?
>
> Wel 'stats', Cloudflare tells us 67Tb last month. So 40U$ seems not
> cheap to me?
> But as a plan B we could invest some time in it?
> Others?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Andreas Neumann