[Qgis-psc] [Qgis-community-team] qgis.org (hopefully temporarily) removed from cloudflare

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jan 17 23:52:17 PST 2019

On 1/17/19 8:51 PM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Wow - 67TB downloads a month. That's a lot! I didn't expect that much. I
> agree it would be expensive then. >2000 US$ a month ...
>
> And Cloudflare is entirely free for us? Because we are an OpenSource
> project?

No, not because we are FOSS. They have a free offer for everybody, which
has some limitations which we just do not use...

My guess though is that we hit some 'max' for their free offer and were
automatically removed. And upon seeing we are a non commercial project
they let us in again. But this is pure speculation.
Though (as you see from Tim's forward), they offered us an excuse now
(but not the reason why we were removed).

Regards,

Richard