[Qgis-psc] plugin with binaries

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Jul 3 00:04:17 PDT 2019

Hi Paolo

> On 3 Jul 2019, at 07:53, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On 03/07/19 08:46, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Hi Paolo,
>>
>> What do you do in such cases when you unpublish a plugin?
>>
>> Do you inform the plugin author and attempt to find a solution - or just
>> unpublish it?
>
> https://github.com/WinCan/QGISPlugin/issues/4
>
>> Obviously, that author put efforts into the plugin - maybe (s)he was
>> aware of the restriction not to include binaries or not. In any case I
>> think it deserves a discussion and our support to find a solution so
>> this plugin can be continued to be distributed.
>
> http://plugins.qgis.org/publish/

I guess this resurfaces the last discussion from the Australian plugin. I don’t see any mention of no binaries allowed in the above page. I think we should make the rules of the road clear(er) to developers so that they can understand how to be a ‘good citizen’.

I wonder if in the plugin manager we could not add some ’supported platforms’ flags that can indicate which platforms a plugin will run on (though I agree we should strongly encourage cross platform plugins).