[Qgis-psc] plugin with binaries

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jul 3 00:22:39 PDT 2019

Hi Tim,

On 03/07/19 09:04, Tim Sutton wrote:

>> http://plugins.qgis.org/publish/
>
> I guess this resurfaces the last discussion from the Australian plugin.
> I don’t see any mention of no binaries allowed in the above page. I
> think we should make the rules of the road clear(er) to developers so
> that they can understand how to be a ‘good citizen’.

Agreed. It's implicit in:

The plugin metadata contains a link to the source code, an issue tracker
and a license
The plugin license is compatible with the GPLv2 or later (more
information about licensing)
Respect the licenses by libraries and other resources that your plugin uses

but better be explicit, as always.

Thanks for the suggestion - would you mind suggesting a phrase for this,
or adding it yourself?
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu