[Qgis-psc] Proposal: mailing list for voting members

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Mar 7 00:42:39 PST 2019

Hi Tim, all,

On 06/03/19 16:36, Tim Sutton wrote:

> 1) Signing up members to a list without their agreement is not good so
> you need to make it a prerequisite of being a voting member that they
> join the list and communicate it to all involved.

We can send a first email, saying if they don't want to be in the ML
they can remove themselves. Unclear to me, however, how one could
participate to an assosiation refusing to use its decision tools.

> 2) The members come and go quite a bit so you will have some work to do
> to keep the list current, removing non active members and adding new
> recruits

I propose to use the ML as central repo for the list. I find it easier
to manage than a GDoc.

> 3) I find generally sending people a direct mail gets better
> responsiveness than sending them something on a list, so be prepared for
> potentially lower voting turnouts (or at least monitor it after you set
> it up to make sure that people are still responsive).

This could be an issue, but it IMHO less important than the risk of
forgetting to send an email to one of the members. Having public
archives is a biig advantage for transparency IMHO.

> Other than those thoughts, +1 from me.

Thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu