[Qgis-psc] Ads in plugins -- allowed?

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 01:25:41 PDT 2019

Since people can always offer plugins via ZIP installer or 3rd-party
repository, should those ads-enabled plugins be left out of the main QGIS
plugins repository?

Would a new [ includes ads ] flag to identify such plugins in our plugin
manager be warranted here?

If we agree we are OK with non-intrusive ads are allowed, who will judge of
the decree of intrusiveness?

The discussion raised here seems worth discussing further :)