[Qgis-psc] QGIS Server and QWC2

pblottiere paul.blottiere at oslandia.com
Tue Mar 26 01:33:15 PDT 2019

Hi Paolo and Jürgen,

> In case we decide, I think it would be fair to open the same to other
> clients (only those specific to qgis server IMHO).
+1

> wouldn't this impact the reliability of performance
> measurements?
> How does that interfere with the performance tests?

Actually, I had the same problematic with online instances of QGIS
Server for certification process. Performance tests take about 3 hours
per day (for now but it may grow if we add more tests), so these online
instances are deactivated just before performance tests and reactivated
just after.

So, I was thinking about doing the same thing for QGIS Server clients (I
could add a message to indicate available time slots on a main page). I
realize that it's not an ideal situation, but an uptime of 87.5% is
better than nothing at all :). The perfect solution would be to deploy
these clients on another server, but I'm not sure it's really necessary
for now. Moreover, I have sudo rights on qgis4.qgis.org server, so I can
work on it without bothering anyone :).

What do you think?

Thanks for your interest.

Regards.