[Qgis-psc] QGIS Server and QWC2

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 26 02:18:25 PDT 2019

Hi Paul,

On 26/03/19 09:33, pblottiere wrote:
> Hi Paolo and Jürgen,
>

>> In case we decide, I think it would be fair to open the same to other
>> clients (only those specific to qgis server IMHO).
> +1
>

>> wouldn't this impact the reliability of performance
>> measurements?
>> How does that interfere with the performance tests?
>
> Actually, I had the same problematic with online instances of QGIS
> Server for certification process. Performance tests take about 3 hours
> per day (for now but it may grow if we add more tests), so these online
> instances are deactivated just before performance tests and reactivated
> just after.
>

> So, I was thinking about doing the same thing for QGIS Server clients (I
> could add a message to indicate available time slots on a main page). I
> realize that it's not an ideal situation, but an uptime of 87.5% is
> better than nothing at all :). The perfect solution would be to deploy
> these clients on another server, but I'm not sure it's really necessary
> for now. Moreover, I have sudo rights on qgis4.qgis.org server, so I can
> work on it without bothering anyone :).
>

> What do you think?

yes, it makes sense to me. Perhaps a landing page saying "watch the
current QGIS service" pointing to either sample webgis, performance
tests, certification results according to time of day would do, and it
would raise interest with other (I believe rather obscure for now)
services, and promote qgis server reliability image in general.
All thee best, and thanks again.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: