[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mac OS packaging and infrastructure

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 26 10:15:52 PDT 2019

Hi all,
not being an oSX user, I'm not directly interested in this subject, but
I think it is an interesting case in the transformation of our project.
Of course any company is free to package and sell QGIS (this as
everybody knows is one of the fundamental GPL freedoms). I am not sure
this would be of direct interest for the project though. If it is, we
could have ad hoc donation channels for each OS packaging, but I think
embarking in this will not be easy.
What would make me uneasy is to grant different treatment to our users
choosing different OSs (free OSs are a special case in this regards) or
to our packagers.
All the best.

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: