[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mac OS packaging and infrastructure

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Mar 27 01:26:05 PDT 2019

Hi Peter,

On 27/03/19 08:43, Peter Petrik wrote:

> I understand that QGIS.org is not willing
> to fund such huge project directly, but we asked for decisions.. So
> please, would it be possible to clearly state the opinion of PSC about
> the topic, so the community know what is the resolution?

I do not think QGIS.ORG is not willing to do it. What is fair to say is
that this decision is a tricky one, as involves, as we are seeing from
the public discussion, fundamental values of the project in a time of
change. I fully understand your frustration, but please take into
account that most decisions in the PSC and the community are taken by
consent rather that clearcut voting: this takes often longer, but allows
us to keep the community united, which proved a big asset of the project.
Having said that, I agree that time is ripe to go ahead, so let's keep
an open discussion and hopefully we'll reach an agreement during our
next PSC meeting, to which you and other interested parties are invited.
Thanks a lot for your work and your stimulus.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: