[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mobile (Android)

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 01:58:25 PDT 2019

Dear PSC,

Looking at the minutes of the last PSC meeting [1], there was some
discussion about qgis.org adopting QField as the official QGIS mobile app.
This is very interesting / exciting and we had a couple of questions:

1- Would this mean the QField codebase would be formally adopted by the
QGIS project with the same developer procedures / rights as the main QGIS
codebase?

The reason we ask is that we’re working on a new data synchronisation
service for mobile GIS (Mergin) and would be interested in how we could get
QField to integrate with it.  So the second question is:

2- Given the fact that Mergin is a freemium service (not open source) would
such a pull request to integrate this service be welcome in the same way
that things like Oracle / MSSQL / ArcSDE support work in QGIS desktop?

Kind regards,

Saber

--
Saber Razmjooei