[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mobile (Android)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Oct 15 02:48:22 PDT 2019

Hi Saber,

This was indeed discussed but is pending approval by the QField
contributors. Up to now it is only a suggestion.

It wouldn't be "the official" QGIS mobile app, but rather "the official"
QGIS mobile app on Android. There could be an "official" mobile app on
iOS and on Windows as well. At the same time we would like to
"retire/depricate" the old "QGIS on Android" project that hadn't been
worked on for a long time. We would like to encourage other projects
(such as "Input" and "QGIS Roam" to do the same, if there aren't any
license or technical barriers.

He haven't discussed your option "2" yet. It would be nice to have the
same synchronisation service work for QField, QGIS Roam and Input.

Thanks for reaching out about this,

Andreas

On 2019-10-15 10:58, Saber Razmjooei wrote:

> Dear PSC,
>
> Looking at the minutes of the last PSC meeting [1], there was some discussion about qgis.org [1] adopting QField as the official QGIS mobile app. This is very interesting / exciting and we had a couple of questions:
>
> 1- Would this mean the QField codebase would be formally adopted by the QGIS project with the same developer procedures / rights as the main QGIS codebase?
>
> The reason we ask is that we're working on a new data synchronisation service for mobile GIS (Mergin) and would be interested in how we could get QField to integrate with it.  So the second question is:
>
> 2- Given the fact that Mergin is a freemium service (not open source) would such a pull request to integrate this service be welcome in the same way that things like Oracle / MSSQL / ArcSDE support work in QGIS desktop?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Saber
> --
>
> Saber Razmjooei