[Qgis-psc] QGIS on iOS was QGIS for Mobile (Android)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:42:38 PDT 2019

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 22:12, Marco Bernasocchi <marco at opengis.ch> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just moving the tread, and notice on VLC.
>
> Vlc on Appstore is NOT GPL [3] it is MPLv2
>
> VLC was re licensed to bi-license (MPLv2 and GPLv2+) [2] after an humongous work by Jean-Baptiste Kempf [0] after being removed by apple from the App store [1]. I'm no lawyer either and already got too many gray hair from thinking about this. It is the main reason why we never focused on iOS with QField.

Perhaps it's time to revisit the discussion about LOOKING INTO whether
a relicense of QGIS is possible and/or desirable? The discussion last
time got emotional and was dismissed far too quickly. I still think
it's possible to DISCUSS this topic in a calm, cooperative way to at
least assess whether it would be a theoretically worthwhile move...

Nyall