[Qgis-psc] News feed

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 31 02:04:48 PDT 2019

Hi Matthias,

Il 31/10/19 09:49, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:

>>> 6. new release announcements when changelog is published
>> +1, at the same time removing the small banner advertising when a new
>> version is available
>
> I think these are two distinct things, the banner is conditional (did
> you know there's an update which you have not installed yet?) the banner
> is an announcement (and also visible if you already updated).

right, after all the additional noise is not huge, although I still
think the banner is of limited value once we have the news

> One point I like about this is that it adds some easy to digest and
> interesting points for the users. Compared to the otherwise often "we
> want something from you" (crowdfunding, testing, ...) topics.
>
> This will probably make the news panel more likeable for users.
agreed, but given the huge amount of tips&tricks available on the net,
selecting which ones to show could be difficult, and leave some
discontent around.
as you said, no hurry, let's keep it for the next step.

Thanks for your thoughts.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: