[Qgis-psc] News feed

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Oct 31 08:40:32 PDT 2019

On 31/10/2019 16.20, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> the language filter prevents the 'Finnish annoying factor' Matthias
> explained. I would think having your QGIS suddenly speaking Chinese or
> Thai could even be scary for someone.

Not scary: FUN! How cool is it if we have a feed with chinese, english,
russian etc etc items/characters.... The ones I do not understand can be
ignored isn't it? Seeing many languages means QGIS is concurring the world.

One of the reasons to join the Documentation team was the fact THAT we
could build and see docs (and QGIS) in so many langs :-)

Sidenote: I prefer not to be 'sorted' into the dutch IP range and
information stream just because I'm in the Dutch 'fence'...

What about just a language-tag per item (and preferably the items can be
translated) and in the client I can then select: "I want to see the
dutch and english speaking news items". If can handle seeing the news
from the Suriname user group...

Or else (if you really like fencing), let the user create a 'fence' in
QGIS, instead of profiling me on my ip.

My 1 shilling/ruppia/yen

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde