[Qgis-psc] News feed

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Oct 31 09:36:05 PDT 2019

On 31/10/2019 17.28, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:
> Could we maybe ask the users what news-region they are interested in?

That is what I meaned by:

"Or else (if you really like fencing), let the user create a 'fence' in
QGIS, instead of profiling me on my ip."

Just draw a (multi :-) )-polygon on on a world map IN QGIS, get the full
feed (containing a lang-tag and or a polygon too (based on land or
language or whatever)) and QGIS should be able to show you only the
'touching' items? For those not willing to digitize: a button: 'profile
me based on my IP' and select a country based on the result (aka opt-in
instead of profiling by default)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde