[Qgis-psc] News feed

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Thu Oct 31 09:41:56 PDT 2019

Hi Andreas,

On 31.10.19 12:04, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Ok ok.
>
> If you feel so irritated about german language, I am happy to
> translate this message into english. No problem. But then you will get
> a third entry, because the two previous once are cached and not
> replaced ...
I have to live in german so I'm pretty much used to the nice sounding
guttural language :)

My point was more in not overwhelming the users right at the beginning
with a not so useful message. it was mora a matter of timing, basically
the second news I see on QGIS is relevant only to a niche population. If
any other software would do that my instinctive reaction would be to
disable the whole thing to protect me from an information overflow.

> I am just against restricting our new channel that we finally have,
> too much, just because it might not interest all users. Let's use this
> stuff, and not put a lot of restrictions on it. This Postgis day
> advertised is nothing that is against our code of conduct or so.
obviously not, it's a great event that I'm looking forward to join

> Or does it irritate you that Sourcepole is involved in this event?
Why should that be irritating? We have to make QGIS market share larger
at the cost of other corporation and not fight over the current QGIS
users, so any public event around QGIS ecosystem is music to my ears :)
> That would be quite narrow-minded ... It is not just Sourcepole, there
> is also the City of Zurich involved - and it is certainly not declared
> as a company advertising event. It is about presenting new versions of
> QGIS, Postgis and OpenLayers.
>
> Let's be more inclusive than restrictive!

Totally agree with you, was just scared that we would in fact achieve
the opposite by scaring off people.

Ciao

Marco

> Andreas
>

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 11:47, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it
> <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     Il 31/10/19 11:14, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
>
>     > I would feel irritated if some software would show me news in
>     Finnish.
>     > But I'll leave that to the PSC.
>
>     nothing wrong with our Finnnish friends, but I believe most users will
>     share your feeling.
>
>     Cheers.
>     --
>     Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu <http://www.faunalia.eu>