[Qgis-psc] News feed

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:28:33 PDT 2019

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 at 07:58, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi Nyall,
>
> I didn't set any language on this particular entry. So I definitely
> didn't tag it with english.
>
> But there are about 100 Million or so people who can read english AND
> german. Perhaps many of them have english set as their language in QGIS.
> If I tag this entry in german - they will never see this german entry,
> because they use QGIS in english. So the language tag is really useless.
> A lot of people speak multiple languages. Filtering only on the language
> they have set in their software is really making them miss out on
> content they could otherwise see and read.

That's why I suggested to post it twice, once in English with the
language set to English, and once in German with the language set to
German. That way you'll get the entry in whatever language you've set
QGIS to (unless it's neither English or German)!

In future we could extend the background to allow entries to have a
1:n relationship with translated text, making it easier to facilitate
this situation without having to publish the entry multiple times.

Nyall