[Qgis-psc] Migrating to free software

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Apr 8 06:58:43 PDT 2020

Hi Andreas,

Il 08/04/20 15:44, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, Jitsi was the only decision we finalized yesterday. Everything else
> needs investigations.

confirmed; this was clear from the beginning.

> And as Anita pointed out: let's not rush to Nextcloud yet and split up
> our resources in several places without tests, migration plans and
> assessment.

nobody is rushing, I just:
* listed proprietary software we use (please add if I'm missing something)
* started testing some of the solutions.

> To me, the collaborative simultaneous editing in documents
> (e.g. the meeting minutes) is a crucial thing. Unless Nextcloud can
> provide this, it is not an option for me to move to Nextcloud.

as seen in the list, there are various solutions to this.
I personally slightly prefer having a secretary editng a document, and
see the results in real time, without several people editing
simultaneously, as the process is more clear for me, but I'm OK for
other solutions.

Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini