[Qgis-psc] QGIS Matrix room

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Apr 9 05:00:41 PDT 2020

Hi Sandro

This matrix stuff is confusing as hell - I must have taken the red pill when Morpheus was handing them out :-P I long since remove any matrix stuff from my PC since it seems to be just filled with very spammy messages and IIRC was burning up a lot of CPU cycles. I’m happy to dig in there and hand over admin to someone else if you can give me some clear instructions of what I need to do.

> On 9 Apr 2020, at 11:53, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>
> We just set up a Matrix homeserver on the OSGeo
> infrastructure and I think it would be nice to add
> a #qgis:osgeo.org alias to the existing matrix room
> currently known as #qgis:matrix.org, and publish the
> room on the OSGeo's matrix room directory.
>
> Adding such alias requires administration powers
> for the #qgis:matrix.org room, and those powers are
> currently only hold by @timlinux:matrix.org, who does
> not seem to reply to private matrix messages. They can
> be shared, so may I ask to get those permissions as
> @strk:osgeo.org ? Or otherwise share it with someone
> else in the QGIS community who does use Matrix and can
> be trusted (Jurgen is only "moderator" of that room) ?
>
> Shall any of you want to test the new homeserver, it's
> backed up by the OSGeo UserID database so just enter
> "matrix.osgeo.org" as the homeserver address and your
> OSGeo UserID name/password for credentials.
>
> You can find me on the matrix, also as @strk:osgeo.org
>
> --strk;

—

Tim Sutton