[Qgis-psc] QGIS Matrix room

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Apr 9 09:53:14 PDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 01:00:41PM +0100, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Sandro
>
> This matrix stuff is confusing as hell - I must have taken the red pill when Morpheus was handing them out :-P I long since remove any matrix stuff from my PC since it seems to be just filled with very spammy messages and IIRC was burning up a lot of CPU cycles. I’m happy to dig in there and hand over admin to someone else if you can give me some clear instructions of what I need to do.

First thing you'll need to do is find your keys, or there's
I'm afraid no way we can get back admin access to the
room with internal room ID !iIpqCcxrWNnIYCMjjO:matrix.org
and currently aliased as #qgis:matrix.org and #qgis:osgeo.org.

The room is used as a bridge between IRC and Gitter but I'm not
sure to tell how many people are coming directly from Matrix.

One other option would be _abandoning_ !iIpqCcxrWNnIYCMjjO:matrix.org
as unrecoverable and fund a NEW room, trying as much as we can
to repoint aliases (probably easy for the :osgeo.org aliases, not
so much for the :matrix.org ones).

--strk;