[Qgis-psc] Use of free software, take #2 and resolutions page:

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Apr 10 16:40:06 PDT 2020

Sorry a few typos slipped in, corrections below:

> Proposal: As a matter of policy when deploying software tools to manage the QGIS.org <http://qgis.org/> project, we should consider licensing, functionality, convenience, effort, cost, time, available volunteers, security, privacy, how much effort is required to maintain the solution. Given two solutions that appear satisfactory with regards to these requirements, one being FOSS and one being proprietary, we should  of make use of the FOSS solution in preference to the proprietary solution.

Proposal: As a matter of policy when deploying software tools to manage the QGIS.org <http://qgis.org/> project, we should consider licensing, functionality, convenience, effort, cost, time, available volunteers, security, privacy and how much effort is required to maintain the solution. Given two solutions that appear satisfactory with regards to these requirements, one being FOSS and one being proprietary, we will make use of the FOSS solution in preference to the proprietary solution.

---

Tim Sutton
tim at qgis.org