[Qgis-psc] On using Nextcloud for editing documents

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Apr 13 09:31:43 PDT 2020

Hi

On 4/13/20 5:25 PM, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:
> Ha Andreas
>
> On 12.04.20 10:39, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tested editing the "environmental policy" draft on Nextcloud in
>> order to get a better feeling about the usability. I think
>> functionality wise it would probably ok for our needs, but the lagging
>> is really, really disturbing and I agree with Tim that hurts
>> productivity substantially.
> We have a professionally hosted Nextcloud instance in Switzerland, when
> we tested the collaborative in realtime with multiple people editing
> together, we continuously hit issues like the one you mention and
> decided not to use it as it was more frustrating than anything else.
>
> We now ose nextclout for storing our file and have them syncronised
> across the company (which works okisch) and use google docs for working
> together on larger documents.

I have to add that these tests were performed more than a year ago and I
have repeatedly heard that nextcloud has undertaken a lot on the
collaborative editing front.

Don't take this as a statement that it _is_ better now, but that the
findings Marco is referring to here _might_ reflect a state which is no
longer accurate.

Matthias