[Qgis-psc] Resource Sharing plugin in core?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Feb 16 09:13:08 PST 2020

Hi all,
following some recent work by Håvard Tveite on the Resource Sharing
plugin, we have received his proposal to include it in core. Previous
proposal were generally positive, with the caveat that we required
someone to take care of this specific part of code.
I personally think this would be a big boot in QGIS productivity if
widespread, allowing hundreds of people to contribute their own styles,
symbols and scripts, parallel to the addition of python bindings that
long ago allowed the flourishing of Python plugins. I would therefore be
in favour of adding it, perhaps asking Håvard to take a least a part of
responsibility for it. This involves a moderate risk on our side, but I
think we can always support it with our own funds or with an ad hoc
adoption campaign.
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu