[Qgis-psc] Voting for grants

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 2 03:46:31 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Interesting discussion - and difficult to find a good solution.

I agree with Martin that the voting process where the first selected
entry gets 6 points, the next 5, etc. is broken. Just like the PSC
voting (I mean the mechanism to decide who will be on the PSC) is broken
(which has a very similar setup). A person, or a proposal isn't (at
least normally) not 6 times as useful to the project than others.

Both need to be overhauled and made more transparent. I like the idea
where all proposals could be scored and then we will accept the ones
with the highest scores as long until the grant proposal budget is
allowing acceptance.

I would also favor the idea that the PSC could select out some of the
proposals and finance them through the regular budget - e.g. we have a
documentation budget that is never fully used. If we get entries in the
QGIS grant proposal around documentation, PSC should be able to accept
these right away through the documentation budget, thus leaving more
room toward other grant proposals. Infrastructure is another category
where we already have a budget for.

We have a PSC meeting tonight at 8pm (middle European Summer time). This
topic is certainly on the agenda, if someone would like to join the
discussion you are welcome to join the PSC meeting.

Greetings,

Andreas