[Qgis-psc] Request for appointing a formal release "traffic controller" role

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Jun 8 02:50:56 PDT 2020

Hi

> On 8 Jun 2020, at 07:38, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Nyall,
>
> Thank you for raising the issue, I agree that we need to make the
> policy explicit (and discuss it if there is no consensus).
>
> I also agree that we need someone that makes the decisions in case
> it's not clear or there is no agreement on if a commit can be
> dangerous to backport.
>
> The most important thing is that we write this policy down somewhere
> (the developers documentation?), it's just frustrating that one needs
> to respect a list of unwritten rules that haven't been discussed or
> approved by the community.

Yes you are right. Maybe the process should be to first vote on it in PSC if needed and note it in

https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/resolutions/2020_resolutions.html?highlight=resolutions

And then secondly start a ‘Community Rules and Standards’ page or similar where we lay out all these things in one place.  Another candidate for recording this could be:

https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/governance.html?highlight=roles