[Qgis-psc] QGIS Server (online) Developer Meeting

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Jun 14 23:28:20 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Il 15/06/20 01:12, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Thanks for raising this Ale.

Yes, very good point

>> On 10 Jun 2020, at 11:38, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com
>> <mailto:apasotti at gmail.com>> wrote:

> For WPS maybe invite 3Liz along as I know they built a WPS server for
> QGIS once….

sure, they are an essential part of the plot IMHO

> Is it worth bringing the web clients into the discussion? For me the two
> things are somewhat linked in that it is hard to deploy a server
> instance while rolling out your own web client that properly takes
> advantage of all the capabilities of QGIS Server.  I know that
> complicates the discussion so feel free to keep that for another time.

+1 for inviting them

> +1 from me. Maybe we can keep the organisation simple and have an online
> meeting on Jitsi / Zoom / whatever at an announced time with an open
> invitation to the developer list?

+1

> For my 2c I am very -1 on the idea raised of getting rid of QGIS server

absolutely. dropping qgis-server would be a huge damage to the many
people who are using and living on it, and we should avoid it by all mean

> and would rather we use funds to help bring it on par with other
> servers, at least in terms of configuration management. Having spent the
> last few months editing SLD files in GeoServer (much as I love
> GeoServer) I am really conscious of how much more efficient life is when
> we can design our maps in QGIS and publish them directly without
> fiddling around in SLDs (or mayflies).

not to talk about the Good Old mapfiles!

Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini
www.faunalia.eu - QGIS.org