[Qgis-psc] Formal request to extend LTR life span to two years

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Mar 1 22:35:59 PST 2020

Hi Nyall, all

Il 01/03/20 23:22, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 20:23, Andreas Neumann <andreas at qgis.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi PSC,
>>
>> My current employer, Kanton of Solothurn, gave me the task to submit a formal request to PSC for the extension of the life span of the LTR version from one year to two years.
>>

> What's the latest on this? Was this idea declined? We'll (QGIS
> developers) will need a decision asap if the 3.4 repo should remain
> open and backporting to 3.4 is desired...

in my opinion we should not change an established and announced policy
that late. It's perfectly fine to change it for the current LTR, not for
the already expired one, that many have already upgraded. I suggest to
take a decision in a 4 months time frame max. Next Contributors meeting
may be a good chance to discuss about this.
Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: