[Qgis-psc] Post loomio... how to vote?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Mar 27 02:03:36 PDT 2020

Hi,

I would appreciate if we could add a place to discuss to the
requirements. For example at the last AGM a lot of people left comments
on the voting about the release cycle next to their vote. Google Forms
(etc.) are nice for surveys, but IMHO not very well suited for an AGM.

For the current one, I am hoping for a good discussion about the
environmental policy. I think for this discussion is at least as
important as the decision itself. Also the AGM should help to create
harden bonds within the community and act as a constructive place to put
forward new ideas.

For me, having this discussion at the same place where the voting itself
takes place (and not on a separate mailing list) helps to streamline the
discussion. It also helps to make sure that all voting members read
through the discussion when voting and even those unfamiliar with
mailing lists know where to comment.

DemocracyOS looks like a very eligible alternative to loomio. Did
someone make a test with it, the demo unfortunately does not seem to be
running?

And for the record, what is the cost for sticking to loomio?

Matthias