[Qgis-psc] Post loomio... how to vote?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Mar 28 02:19:10 PDT 2020

Hi Matthias, all

Il 27/03/20 10:03, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:

> I would appreciate if we could add a place to discuss to the
> requirements. For example at the last AGM a lot of people left comments
> on the voting about the release cycle next to their vote. Google Forms
> (etc.) are nice for surveys, but IMHO not very well suited for an AGM.

agreed: comments are as much important as votes, if not more

> For the current one, I am hoping for a good discussion about the
> environmental policy. I think for this discussion is at least as
> important as the decision itself. Also the AGM should help to create
> harden bonds within the community and act as a constructive place to put
> forward new ideas.

totally agreed: discussion is the very heart of democracy, and democracy
is one of our fundamental values. Actually I was surprised by the
relative lack of response in last year's AGM. Would someone from PSC
help stimulating the discussion?

> For me, having this discussion at the same place where the voting itself
> takes place (and not on a separate mailing list) helps to streamline the
> discussion. It also helps to make sure that all voting members read
> through the discussion when voting and even those unfamiliar with
> mailing lists know where to comment.

I'm not sure about this: I think most of us are quite used to use ML for
discussion, and I do not see a big problem in having a separate platform
for the end result, i.e. voting. What I like of ML is that the whole
discussion is automatically archived, and available over the years. I do
not have an easy way, for instance, to find back last year's discussion
on Loomio. Of course, I'm totally open: if there are better tools, let's
use them, keeping in mind the very sensible note from Andreas about
having a too complex infrastructure.

Right, known bug: https://github.com/DemocracyOS/democracyos/issues/1654

> And for the record, what is the cost for sticking to loomio?

Basic plan 1 $ per person per month. Unclear whther we can activate it
just for the AGM month.

Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu