[Qgis-psc] [vote] PSC seat count

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Mar 29 15:54:44 PDT 2020

Hi

> On 28 Mar 2020, at 08:32, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> But on the other hand we wouldn't struggle to get enough people on the PSC meetings. It happened not only once that only 2-3 people were around for a meeting. If we were more people on the PSC we could still do the meeting and the others who couldn't make it could still read the minutes.
>
> In that sense it would help and it would also encourage another person to be more involved with the project, which is a good thing in my opinion.

For my part I apologise for the meetings I have missed - I do try to make every one, but sometimes life gets in the way. Alternatively we could introduce a censure clause, obligating PSC members to attend at minimum e.g. 10/12 meetings per year in order to maintain their status as PSC member. That is a  'more stick, less carrot' approach, I know, but the utility of a person being on the PSC diminishes a lot if they are not attending meetings. In the old days, when we had a larger PSC, my soft old brain remembers things being worse, with a lot of juggling around trying to find meeting times, and long, circular discussions due to many different points of view. Anyway I voted -0 because I am not firmly against it, just adding a note of caution that it may not have the desired outcome.

> Andreas
>
> Am 28.03.20 um 09:29 schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
>> Hi all,
>> although it is good to get fresh blood and ideas, I tend to agree with
>> Tim here. A lean PSC makes it easier to arrange mmetings.
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Il 27/03/20 22:41, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I am -0 on this - making decisions gets slower the bigger the PSC gets.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> On Mon, 23 Mar 2020, 20:41 Anita Graser, <anitagraser at gmx.at
>>> <mailto:anitagraser at gmx.at>> wrote:
>>>

>>>     On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 6:03 PM Marco Bernasocchi <marco at qgis.org
>>>     <mailto:marco at qgis.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         We currently have 9 PSC nominees for 6 or, depending on this
>>>         discussion, 7 seats.
>>>

>>>     +1 I'm ok with adding another PSC member.
>>>
>>>     Anita

—

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza