[Qgis-psc] [vote] PSC seat count

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Mar 30 01:10:59 PDT 2020

Hi Tim, all,

Il 30/03/20 00:54, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> For my part I apologise for the meetings I have missed - I do try to
> make every one, but sometimes life gets in the way.

I join Tim in apologizing.

> Alternatively we
> could introduce a censure clause, obligating PSC members to attend at
> minimum e.g. 10/12 meetings per year in order to maintain their status
> as PSC member. That is a  'more stick, less carrot' approach, I know,
> but the utility of a person being on the PSC diminishes a lot if they
> are not attending meetings.

I think this is a good idea. Maybe we can put it forward the AGM?

> In the old days, when we had a larger PSC,
> my soft old brain remembers things being worse, with a lot of juggling
> around trying to find meeting times, and long, circular discussions due
> to many different points of view. Anyway I voted -0 because I am not
> firmly against it, just adding a note of caution that it may not have
> the desired outcome.

Fully agreed: I'm also not against, but my experience in other bodies
tells me that the larger the group the more difficult meetings and
decisions become. We have always had a verry open policy, so anybody can
join our meetings when interested, so I would not be too worried about
being a too small, closed circle.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu