[Qgis-psc] Handling the Travis CI situation

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Nov 6 02:15:53 PST 2020

On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 09:05:41AM +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> Is there maybe a possibility to run Travis locally on (maybe some sponsorred) hardware?
> Or other CI-machineries maybe running on university-machines, of which the owners want to sponsor (we had several offerings for hardware in history).

FYI: OSGeo is running a Drone CI instance [1], which is pointed at
Gitea [2] (on which QGIS has a mirror [3])

[1] https://dronie.osgeo.org
[2] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea
[3] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/qgis/QGIS

PostGIS and GEOS are (in addition to use the OSGeo Dronie instance)
also using an public outside-hosted instance which is instead pointed
at Github (on which PostGIS and GEOS have a mirror):

  https://cloud.drone.io/

Getting some slave (agents, in Drone terms) machines to power up
the OSGeo drone CI service would be very useful.

--strk;