[Qgis-psc] Establishing an Official QGIS User Group Philippines [Steps to Take]

Ben Hur Pintor bnhr.xyz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:35:41 PST 2020

Hi Marco,

Thank you for following up and apologies if I haven't gotten back to this
thread for a while. The Philippines was battered by consecutive typhoons
this November, with one (Goni) being the strongest typhoon this 2020, so
we've been busy doing some volunteer mapping work.

We're still interested in initiating a user group this year. Do we need to
comply with all the things below (as mentioned by Andreas) or can others be
on a "to-follow" basis?
1.) Core group or board of volunteers
2.) Registering the country-level domain (qgis.ph)
3.) Registering a local official association (this one might take time)
4.) Public communication channel (we've set up a TG group right now)
5.) Official contact of the group

As for the regular meetings, I'm planning to hold one as part of the Pista
ng Mapa (Festival of Maps) conference (https://pistangmapa.github.io/2020/)
this month where I'm a co-organizer and where I'll also hold a short
workshop about QGIS.

Thank you.

All the best,
Ben Hur