[Qgis-psc] QGIS bug-fixing efforts - work on upstream libraries (specifically GDAL)

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Sep 21 02:42:55 PDT 2020

Hi

I think it's a good move to include these libraries as they are an integral
part of QGIS and if excluded, this will only encourage devs to write hacks
on qgis side rather than fixing things at the right spot in the stack.

Do you think it's reasonable to add an (obvious) "... if in the best
interest for QGIS" clause to the PSC decision for this kind of fixes and a
requirement for an issue report on QGIS to highlight the relevance? (P.S.
while I'm a proponent of low admin overhead, I think issue reports help a
lot to work with a focus on problems and denote relevance. I often create
issue reports even if the fix is already implemented to separate
requirement and solution. If others feel like this requirement is too much
of a burden, please object!)

Matthias